AmCham Visa Q&A
AmCham Visa Green Channel
AmCham’s Visa Channel provides direct staff of AmCham Southwest’s Corporate Members with convenient and efficient visa interview appointments, as authorized by the Consulate General of the United States.
To Contact AmCham Visa Green Channel,
please call (+86) 28-8526 8763,
or email email@example.com
- Corporate Member staff may expedite their visa interview appointment time
- Shortened time for visa processing
- Higher passing rate for eligible applicants
Qualifications for Visa Green Channel:
- Must be direct staff of an AmCham Corporate Member
- Travel and training in the United States must be for business purposes
1. Non-immigrant Visa (B-visa, L-Visa) Application Information
Please fill in the Non-immigrant Visa Application Form (DS-160 Form) at the following website: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/.
2. Fee Payment
All applicants must register at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ or by calling The U.S. Visa Application Center. Without proper registration, applicants cannot pay the visa application fee or make a visa interview appointment. After registration, applicants will receive a Reference Number which will be used to identify their payment. Applicants can pay the visa application fee with a debit card at any China Citic Bank ATM, or at China Citic Bank’s bank counter with cash.
Note：The Visa Application Fee will be valid one workday after the payment.
Contacting The Visa Application Center (The U.S. Visa Service Center): Please call 6273 6100. Dial extension number 1211 to switch to staff service.
3. Modifying Visa Information
If you want to modify your visa information such as Date of Birth, Name, Passport Number, etc. before the visa interview, please log in to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ and click “Provide Feedback” to provide your comments and a scanned copy of your passport. Your request will be processed within 3 to 7 workdays.
4. Visa Appointment Times
Please prepare all your visa appointment materials at least 2-3 months in advance. Fill in your AmCham Visa Application Form and send it firstname.lastname@example.org at least 1-2 weeks in advance. Please schedule your visa appointment for a regular working day during the U.S. Consulate’s open hours. The Consulate is not open on Chinese and U.S. public holidays.
- L Visa: Every Tuesday starting at 8:15 AM
- B Visa: Every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday starting at 10 AM
- J Visa: Every Friday starting at 11:15 AM (for this visa type, please inform AmCham at least 2 weeks in advance)
If circumstances dictate, you may change your interview time up to 3 days before your interview; once within 3 days of your interview, the time cannot be changed.
Attention: If you already successfully made a visa appointment by yourself, please log into http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ to cancel the appointment and then send another copy of the Visa Application Form to AmCham.
5. Material Required for Visa Interview
- Print one DS-160 Visa Confirmation Letter
- Petition Letter from your company
- Your original passport (the latest one). Please ensure that your passport will be valid for 6 months before your return to China.
- Valid ID card
- Two U.S. passport-sized photos
- Travel itinerary while in the U.S.
- One English resume
Please print your Chinese and English resumes clearly and completely. Your resume should include your entire educational background after high school and your work experience, generally as follows:
Major School Name Degree Obtained From XXXX to XXXX
Position Company Name Job Description From XXXX to XXXX
5.2 Photograph Requirements:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear glasses (without tinted lenses), a hearing device, or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
- Dark glasses or glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable.
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
Note: Please do not insert anything into your passport, such as photos, ID cards, clips, used flight tickets and so on.
5.3 Supplementary Materials:
In addition to the above materials, applicants may also bring other documents to prove their economic and social status as well as family relationships.
For example, Personal Information (Residence Booklet, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate of your child, family photo and so on); Property and Income Certification (Income Certificate, Movable and Immovable Property Certificate, Certificate of Bank Savings and so on).
If the applicant has been abroad, he or she can bring the passport from that time or photos taken abroad for better demonstration.
6. About the Visa Interview
The Visa Officer will inform the applicant of the result of the visa interview immediately. If the applicant passed the visa interview, the Visa Officer will issue the applicant a white note. If the applicant fails the visa interview, the Visa Officer will issue the applicant a green note. Once the applicant has passed his or her interview, the applicant can pick up his or her visa at the appointed China Citic bank after 3 to 10 days.
7. On Delivery
If the applicant picks up his or her Visa at the China Citic Bank in person, the applicant must bring along his or her original ID card and the Passing Notice issued from the U.S. Consulate General.
If the applicant authorizes another person to pick up the visa, the trustee must bring a letter of authorization from the visa applicant, a copy of the applicant’s ID card, as well as the trustee’s original ID Card as well as the passing notice.
美商会签证绿色通道联系电话: (+86) 28-8526 8763
预约中心联系电话（美国签证服务联系电话）：6273,6100 按1,2,1,1 可转人工服务
请您至少提前2-3个月准备面签所需材料，如各项证明材料等；并提前1-2周填写美商会Visa Application Form（签证申请表格）并发送至visa@amchamsouthwest.org。美国领事馆开放时间为除中美公共休假日外的正常工作日，请根据其安排好您的面签时间。
- 护照原件 (新旧护照) 请保证你的护照在返程时仍有6个月的有效期。
- 一份英文简历 （Resume）
XXXX年-XXXX年 学校名称 获得的学位 所学专业
XXXX年-XXXX年 单位/公司名称 具体职位/职务 工作职责描述
比如：个人资料 (户口簿、结婚证、孩子的出生证、家庭合照等家庭成员关系证明), 财产证明(收入证明、房动产和不动产证等产证明、银行存款证明)。